"Another Poem" by Me about Homer

I feel the pressure for the assignment today,
And usually writing is my forte.
I feel as though I must do better than I have ever done before,
So please enjoy "Another Poem' by me, all about my friend Homer.
Homer was a wonderful man who inspired me to write,
To write my blogs in a way that spreads a little light.
Who is this Homer you speak of, you may ask?
Why Homer might have been a made up man as a matter of fact.
Homer was a legend in ancient Greece,
Who was known for his stories, one of which is called the Odyssey.
He was a great writer for the citizens of Athens,
He was able to reassure them through his work, no matter what happens.
Even though he may be fictional, this man was pretty rad,
You may have heard of one of his writings, you know, the Iliad?
Even if you have not heard of this man I call my 'friend',
I am sure you will love him once this blog reaches the end.
There is not many facts to list about Homer as he may be fake,
But I sure hope he was real, for his legacy's sake.
Why would someone make up a story about man who wrote other stories?
They probably did it so they could take his glory.
That just seems like so much work for a person to do,
So why not ask the better question of "Who"?
Who did this to Homer, the great author of Greece,
And why can they not let the people live in peace?
I may not have the answer to this question but I have some other facts,
So now is your chance to just sit back and relax.
We already discussed the epics of Homer and why he was so cool,
And that is percisely the reason why we learn about him in school.
Homer was the coolest person in ancient Greece, and he deserved all of the attention,
So thank goodness someone finally came up with the Homeric question.
"Who is Homer?", "What does he look like?", we may never know the truth,
But there is good news about all this, and only you can find the proof.
The answer to these questions rely on your own oppinion,
And as long as you can back it up, others will let your answer sink in.
Doesn't this 'Homer' guy just sound so awesome?
He has really helped me and inspired my blogs to blossom.
Thank you for reading my blog about Homer and have a good day,
Please wash your hands for me and stay home and stay safe!


- Karlee :)

Comments

  1. There once was a student named Karlee
    Who was totally awesome (not partly)
    She's enthusiastic
    Her poems are fantastic
    'Cause she wrote them all straight from the heart, see?

    (In Karlee-Land, EVERY month is National Poetry Month!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts