Socrates

Today in class we discussed some more 9/11 stuff and we talked about how none of us were alive to remember the days after the attacks or the attack itself. We began to discuss some cool museums we should visit too. Then, after the air conditioner started making loud noises, we discussed who 'Socrates' was and why he was so awesome. We also tried out his teaching method by starting a question-fueled debate on gun control. This made me a little upset because discussing things like this is different to me because many people in my family (including my father) are first responders. After trying out his teaching method, we discussed the death of Socrates and how he was kind of sassy to the court but he was able to escape his death penalty. Staying loyal to Athenian Democracy, he chose to drink the hemlock, which in my opinion was a dumb idea. Class was really interesting today and I liked our Socrates lesson.

-Karlee

Comments

Popular Posts