My Essay Question

Today I am choosing an essay question and I get to write an outline for the answer. I hope this question sounds good because I am very interested in the topic. Therefore, I present to you, my essay question:
 List the three distinct types of Greek architecture and describe the similarities and differences between the three orders. Give examples.
Outline:
In the first paragraph, the three orders of Greek architecture should be listed and briefly described. Example: The Corinthian Order was the last of the three orders and looks the most decorative to the eye. The Doric Order was the first order to be used in Greek architecture and is easily recognized by many people. The Ionic Order was second to be found and is the most recognized order of the three based on its columns.
The second paragraph would describe the similarities and differences of the orders and what makes each of them fit for certain Greek buildings.
The third paragraph would give examples of each order and briefly describe how the structure was built to fit the order that it matches.
The final paragraph would briefly summarize the two body paragraphs and would give closing remarks on each type of order.

I think Greek architecture is very cool and the way they built structures of such extravagance with just their hand a few tools is incredibly mesmerising. I hope you enjoyed todays blog and I hope it encourages you to learn some more about Greek architecture.
Have a good day!
- Karlee :)

Comments

  1. So far you are the only one to pick this topic. Can't wait to read it, especially since you have a genuine interest in the subject! Go Karlee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts