This Is Important...

Okay so Mr. Schick told us that he feels like he is an imposter as a teacher, because everyone is going to interpret things diffferently and basically school is like living in the cave. But allow me to say, Mr. Schick is one of the only teachers who lets us all think what we want to think and he doesnt force facts onto us. We learn so well in his class because we arent limited to what ever is projected on the board. And he encourages us to think of things on our own, because that is what we are going to have to do when we get older. I think all teachers should encourage this because it allows their students to thrive. I feel bad that Mr. Schick said that he doesnt feel like he is qualified because I think I have learned more from this past week than I ever did in middle school.

Thank You Mr. Schick



On another note, we discussed some key notes about Greece today and some of the things that we think happened because we hear about them through oral tradition, might not actually be true. But that is another one of those things that you must inerpret in your own way, no one is sure that the Trojan War was a thing and no one knows if Homer was a real person, therefore, you must take what we do know and what information we do have, and base your beliefs off of that. It's like the picture of the pipe; its not a pipe itself, but rather a picture of a pipe. Its all about how you interpret it.



I truly believe that these classes get more and more interesting each time we go in because there are always going to be things to think about, and for that reason, I really enjoy getting to put my own spin on things because my brain is constantly going, thinking about that endless list of things.



- Karlee :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts