Time Zones and 24 Hour Clocks

Today in class we took a test and discussed time zones, and I got very confused. Why can't we just use 24 hour clocks all around the world and who decided it was a good idea to even use AM and PM. I think our minds our just so use to living like that that we can't even fathom doing something different, but that doesn't change my mind. Just because we are used to something doesn't mean we can't change the system, we would just have to put in a little more effort to make the transition run as smooth as possible. I like to believe that the person who originally wanted to use the 24 hour clock was a genius and everybody should have listened to that guy. I also learned that the lines 'parallel' to the Prime Meridian aren't actually parallel. Todays class was 'thought-provoking' to say the least and I like it when we get to ask questions and come up with our own theories.



-Karlee :)



Comments

Popular Posts